Friday 26 September 2014

Celebrate!!

Good evening

It's hard to believe but I have been a non-smoker for 2 years

WOOHOO!!!!

I am very pleased with myself and will keep encouraging friends to quit too.


Another holiday snap to share
a pair of Egrets near Looe

On a different note;-
Our local rail depot (Etches Park) had an open day, so we dragged Mawgan along kicking and screaming (well she a misery face on till she spotted the ice-cream).
There was a re-railing demo (not often rail staff are allowed to derail a vehicle). It was quite interesting, although Mawgan was disappointed they weren't using the rail-crane.
We watched them turn wheels on the lathe.

But this was my favourite from the day
 This model was amazing, the detailing is truly admirable. It is actually a model of the first diesel loco built in Britain, but more importantly, the first diesel built here in Derby.

Well, now that I have bored you with nerdy train stuff I shall go get some much needed sleep.
Back soon with our Eden Project adventure

Hugs
Buffy xx
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...