Thursday 27 October 2016

Zingy Little Number

My husband has never been a pudding fan BUT.........
 a zesty lemon meringue pie is a completely different story. Today, god bless him, he helped me make it by whisking the egg whites (my electric whisk died). I enjoy making lemon curd because I give it a little bit of a zesty punch by adding 1tblsp of fresh grated root ginger.
I actually got a little carried away and made enough to jar up and put in the fridge.
So lemon curd on toast for breakfast tomorrow.

I can truly say there is something deeply satisfying about making a special treat for my husband.
(Oops...I forgot we're not allowed to say things like that anymore are we.......feminist tosh)

Well back to other projects for now 
Hugs
Buffy xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...